Technical Project Manager
migenius is seeking a Technical Project Manager to help us organise and execute the growing number of customer projects and internal developments we are undertaking as well as manage the relationships with our overseas partners. Our core product is RealityServer, a cloud based platform for the creation of photorealistic 3D renderings. RealityServer is used by many of the worlds leading brands and large enterprises to create stunning product imagery and management systems. Project will include RealityServer itself as well as applications migenius builds for our customers based on this platform.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and the Lead Software Engineer and will also be required to work directly with customers. You will need to keep one foot in the commercial world and the other in the technical world, successfully bridging the two while managing, meeting and hopefully exceeding our customers expectations. With this in mind we are seeking an outstanding communicator who is extremely well organised.
While you will likely engage in some software development activities these will be primarily in service of fulfilling your role as Technical Project Manager and may include writing tools and scripts to help automate tasks for others in the team as well as create reporting systems to communicate the status of your activities to the CEO, Lead Software Engineer and other interested parties.
Your primary objective will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the software engineering activities at migenius. While you will be responsible for tracking project budgets and the efficiency of work being carried out you will also be heavily involved in setting those objectives and with the aid of the engineering team, creating suitable estimates.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Monitor and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management and technical leads as needed
- Assist with successfully managing relationships with the clients and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Limited non-core programming work
Applicant requirements include:
- Technically knowledgable with programming expertise and understanding
- Relevant Bachelor Level Degree required. Preferably Computer Science or similar
- Programming experience with modern techniques and technologies
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally is essential.
- A practical knowledge of 3D/CAD workflow and rendering (in any DCC, eg: 3ds Max, Maya, Rhino, SketchUp, Revit, ArchiCAD) would be highly valuable and technical knowledge of rendering techniques (either GPU or raytracing) would also be beneficial.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
As part of building the new organisational systems for project management at migenius you will also be expected to help create reporting dashboards as well as select and implement an appropriate project tracking and documentation tool. You will have the opportunity to influence the direction of these systems at an early stage of high growth within the business.
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Office location in Hawthorn offers exceptional access by road and public transport
- Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate and discuss projects they have managed previously
migenius is an Australian company selling software and services globally, with offices in Melbourne, London and Tokyo. We are committed to making interactive, photorealistic 3D an ubiquitous part of the web experience and a fundamental part of the design process. We have the tools and technologies to achieve this and are looking for the right people to allow us to capitalise on these and expand our future offerings. You will be joining an enthusiastic, tight knit team with many years experience developing Cloud based rendering solutions.